How to change the username and password for the TP-Link router?
- Open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the TP-Link router and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- The user will be taken to the login page of the router. Enter the default information when prompted. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in, the Quick Setup will appear. Click Next to get started.
- In the Quick Setup guide, click the Wireless Network Name option. Here, you can change the username for your router in the field provided.
- Under the Network Name option, you will see a Network Key option. In the field provided there, you can choose to setup a new passphrase for your router.
- Click the Save option to save the settings made. Click Finish to exit.
Now, the username and password will have been changed. The user will have to connect all their devices again to the network using the new username and password.